Slow week

Unfortunately I don’t have any visual results. The firmware almost reaches the starting screen (giving you health and safety information), and a single frame of it can be seen before the graphics become garbage. I implemented some very basic stubs for the sound and WiFi that don’t do anything, and I also fixed a pretty bad DMA bug that resulted in only one half or one fourth of the operation being completed. Most of the homebrew, as well as the few commercial games I’ve tested, fail to display anything at all – the ROMs affected seem to get stuck in an infinite loop before they reach the main game loop.

Most of my work now consists of comparing the results of no$gba to my emulator and trying to fix any differences. Tedious stuff, but I’m close to a breakthrough I feel…

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s